Saturday, September 14, 2019

Week of September 14, 2019 - 5 Seconds of Summer (1)

5 Seconds of Summer (1)

We had a really eventful week, which is weird considering we had a seven-debut-really-eventful week last week too. You might be able to tell what our weird new #1 is, and we got 3 pretty good songs on the countdown. Let’s do this! Hopefully it’ll be Easier than last week! ;)

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
Speechless - Dan + Shay (#42) [#9]
One Thought Away - Asher Angel (#40) [#33]
100 Bad Days - AJR (#30) [#19]

Last Week’s #1: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes (9)

#45: Bad Liar - Imagine Dragons (-1) [#6]
#44: Without Me - Halsey (+1) [5 weeks at #1]
#43: Here With Me - Marshmello/CHVRCHES (-2) [#5]
#42: Let Me Down Slowly - Alec Benjamin (-5) [#4]
#41: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini (+2) [7 weeks at #1]
#40: Trampoline - SHAED (-1) [#27]
#39: Shameless - Camila Cabello (DEBUT) [1 week in Hit-Bound]
#38: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots (DEBUT) [5 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#37: 3 Nights - Dominic Fike (+1) [#37] *new peak*
#36: Dream Boy - Waterparks (-1) [#35]
#35: Harder - Jax Jones/Bebe Rexha (+1) [#35] *new peak*
#34: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie (-) [#2]
#33: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith (-) [#33]
#32: Never Really Over - Katy Perry (-16) [#10]
#31: Liar - Camila Cabello (DEBUT) [1 week in Hit-Bound]
#30: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus (+2) [#7]
#29: All the Time - Zara Larsson (-2) [#27]
#28: Make You Mine - PUBLIC (-2) [#19]
#27: With You - Kaskade/Meghan Trainor (+4) [#21]
#26: Look Away - Stephen Puth (+2) [#22]
#25: Hate Me - Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD (+4) [#25] *new peak*
#24: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber (-9) [#5]
#23: bad guy - Billie Eilish (+1) [#10]
#22: Small Talk - Katy Perry (+1) [#21]
#21: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid (+1) [#21] *new peak*
#20: Dancing’s Not a Crime - Panic! At The Disco (+1) [#10]
#19: boyfriend - Ariana Grande/Social House (+6) [#19] *new peak*
#18: Look What God Gave Her - Thomas Rhett (-1) [#17]
#17: Nightmare - Halsey (-5) [#2]
#16: Love Me Less - MAX/Quinn XCII (+3) [#10]
#15: Rescue Me - OneRepublic (-2) [#13]
#14: Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha (+4) [#14] *new peak*
#13: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin (-2) [#3]
#12: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure (+2) [#6]
#11: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (-6) [#4]
#10: Goodbyes - Post Malone (+10) [#10] *new peak*
#9: Cool - Jonas Brothers (-5) [#4]
#8: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (-) [#7]
#7: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco (+3) [3 weeks at #1]
#6: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes (-5) [9 weeks at #1]
#5: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (-2) [2 weeks at #1]
#4: Sucker - Jonas Brothers (-2) [13 weeks at #1]
#3: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello (+4) [#3] *new peak*
#2: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift (+4) [#2] *new peak*
#1: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (+8) [1st week at #1] *new peak*

Last Year’s #1: Youngblood - 5 Seconds of Summer [2/5 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Dear Future Self (Hands Up) - Fall Out Boy/Wyclef Jean

Honestly, I didn’t expect to get a 3 debut week after a 7 debut one, but I mean… I’ll take it! Let’s kick it off with one of the Camila Cabello songs from last week, Shameless. The production here is really great and definitely better than Liar. I like the vibe here a lot, but I think the thing that brings this song down a lot are the mediocre vocals and the mediocre song-writing. The song is still good, but I don’t know… the vocals could definitely be better. I can see this being a hit though despite all that. Hope it does well.

Next we have The Hype by Twenty One Pilots. Looking at this song, I don’t know why I even liked Chlorine in the first place. This song is so much better. The beat is great, and Josh Dunn does a great job. Tyler Joseph’s vocals are really good and it doesn’t sound like he’s holding much back. I love how unique this is. The ukulele in the bridge somehow sounds really good and fits. Honestly just a really great song that deserves to be a hit.

I’m so conflicted on whether Liar or Shameless is better. On this side, Liar has great vocals, a super solid beat and it returns to a Havana-like vibe. The instrumentation is pretty good but something just feels like it’s missing from this song. I’m not sure what. I’ve already discussed Shameless, and I feel like even with the messy vocals, the production kind of makes up for it and that’s my favourite one at the moment. However, Liar will probably be the bigger hit.

Best Debut: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots

Biggest DROP!!!: Never Really Over - Katy Perry (-16): Yeah, I expected this to drop sometime. It was flopping everywhere else. Pretty okay drop.

Biggest Jump: Goodbyes - Post Malone (+10): Honestly, this is the best song this year. I mean, there’s no denying it. I’m so happy this song is in the top 10 and I’d like to see it in the top 5.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#4: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots
#3: Trampoline - SHAED
#2: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid
#1: Goodbyes - Post Malone

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: boyfriend - Ariana Grande/Social House
#4: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#3: Nightmare - Halsey
#2: Cool - Jonas Brothers
#1: Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#19: Cool - Jonas Brothers
#18: Nightmare - Halsey
#17: boyfriend - Ariana Grande/Social House

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#16: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco
#15: Dancing’s Not a Crime - Panic! At The Disco

3 - Decent:
#14: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer
#13: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes
#12: Talk - Khalid

4 - Good:
#11: Love Me Less - MAX/Quinn XCII
#10: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin
#9: Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha
#8: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer

5 - Great:
#7: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#6: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#5: Look What God Gave Her - Thomas Rhett
#4: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#3: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift
#2: Rescue Me - OneRepublic

Bonus: 6 - Best Song on the Countdown:
#1: Goodbyes - Post Malone

Overall Score: 65/100 = 65%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer
#4: Let Me Down Slowly - Alec Benjamin
#3: Without Me - Halsey
#2: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini
#1: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: I Warned Myself - Charlie Puth (RE-ENTRY)

Hit-Bound
Good As Hell - Lizzo [6]
Dear Future Self (Hands Up) - Fall Out Boy/Wyclef Jean [1]
Higher Love - Kygo/Whitney Houston [3]
Mother - Charlie Puth [1]
Roaring 20s - Panic! At The Disco [6]
Graveyard - Halsey [1]
Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer [4]
Time - NF [2]
What Am I - Why Don’t We [2]
Only Human - Jonas Brothers [10]
Jesus In LA - Alec Benjamin [6]
Circles - Post Malone [2]
Lover - Taylor Swift [5]
frick, i'm lonely - Lauv/Anne-Marie [2]
Kill My Mind - Louis Tomlinson [2]

This first song, Dear Future Self (Hands Up) is honestly just a good Fall Out Boy song. It’s pretty much everything you would expect from Fall Out Boy. Great vocals from Patrick Stump a great beat and some awesome production. I could probably do without Wyclef Jean, but the “Knock, knock, knock, who is it?” line is pretty awesome. I really hope this becomes a hit.

Mother is a pretty weak replacement for I Warned Myself. I mean, it’s not bad, but… come on. IWM was so much better. This is honestly just a generic Charlie Puth song. It might debut, I’m not sure. We’ll see.

For our last Hit-Bound debut, we have yet another Halsey song by the name of Graveyard. I will say that it's not as bad as Nightmare. In fact, it’s not that bad at all. She’s not screaming all the time in this one, and it’s not terribly annoying like Without Me. I have a feeling this will get overplayed to death. I could probably do without the gasp, but it’s not that bad.

Best Hit-Bound Debut: Dear Future Self (Hands Up) - Fall Out Boy/Wyclef Jean

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
NONE!

1 - Bad:
#15: Kill My Mind - Louis Tomlinson

2 - Mediocre:
#14: Lover - Taylor Swift
#13: Jesus In LA - Alec Benjamin

3 - Decent:
#12: Mother - Charlie Puth
#11: Graveyard - Halsey

4 - Good:
#10: Roaring 20s - Panic! At The Disco
#9: Good As Hell - Lizzo
#8: Only Human - Jonas Brothers

5 - Great:
#7: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer
#6: lonely - Lauv/Anne-Marie
#5: Circles - Post Malone
#4: What Am I - Why Don’t We
#3: Dear Future Self (Hands Up) - Fall Out Boy/Wyclef Jean
#2: Higher Love - Kygo/Whitney Houston
#1: Time - NF

Overall Score: 58/75 = 77%

Blurbless

Just kidding. I have lots to talk about. First of all, we lost I Warned Myself and I’m very sad. I’m happy they tried to promote it by making it the countdown extra last week, but unfortunately, it wasn’t enough… you will be missed.

We lost 3 countdown songs this week. Speechless, One Thought Away and 100 Bad Days. For Speechless, this was due a long time ago, so I don’t really care. For One Thought Away, I mean, it was never gonna do well, so goodbye! As for 100 Bad Days, I’m really sad. It will be missed.

Without Me has to leave.

I’m so sad that Trampoline is probably leaving soon. It deserved much more.

I’m kind of shocked that Dream Boy didn’t jump. I thought more people would vote for it than that.

I’ve softened up on How Do You Sleep? a little bit. It’s honestly just good Sam Smith.

With You shouldn’t still be here. It’s super irrelevant.

I’m sad I Don’t Care didn’t do better. I’m happy it at least hit #5, but come on…

boyfriend shouldn’t be top 20. It doesn’t deserve it.

It seems as if we might be seeing Nightmare starting to drop soon. Yay!

Someone You Loved fell off of the top 5. Kind of sucks.

So did Cool! Yay!

Hey Look Ma, I Made It had better start dropping soon or else I’m gonna scream.

If I Can’t Have You finally fell off #1. About time…

Our top 3 is great. #3 is Señorita. I’m happy it’s up here and I’d love to see it at #1. You Need To Calm Down is #2 and I’d also love to see it hit #1. Our #1 is… Easier? Um. Okay. I’ll take it. I seriously didn’t expect this at all. I don’t think anybody did. Congrats.

YouTube 15
Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid [1]
DOLLAR - Becky G/Myke Towers [9]
Let It Be Me - Steve Aoki/Backstreet Boys [1]
bad guy - Billie Eilish [17]
Graduation - benny blanco/Juice WRLD [2]
Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi [5]
October - Alessia Cara [1]
Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus [23]
Motivation - Normani [4]
You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift [11]
Carry Me Away - John Mayer [1]
Truth Hurts - Lizzo [11]
Runaway - Sebastian Yatra/Jonas Brothers/Daddy Yankee/Natti Natasha [13]
Talk - Khalid/Disclosure [19]
Wanted - OneRepublic [1]

No Longer Trending
Not 20 Anymore - Bebe Rexha [1]
How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith [1]
When It Comes To You - Sean Paul [1]
Hot Girl Summer - Megan Thee Stallion/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign [4]
Circles - Post Malone [1]

YouTube 15 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#15: Truth Hurts - Lizzo

1 - Bad:
#14: DOLLAR - Becky G/Myke Towers
#13: bad guy - Billie Eilish

2 - Mediocre:
#12: Runaway - Sebastian Yatra/Jonas Brothers/Daddy Yankee/Natti Natasha
#11: Graduation - benny blanco/Juice WRLD

3 - Decent:
#10: Talk - Khalid
#9: Motivation - Normani

4 - Good:
#8: Carry Me Away - John Mayer
#7: Let It Be Me - Steve Aoki/Backstreet Boys
#6: October - Alessia Cara

5 - Great:
#5: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#4: Wanted - OneRepublic
#3: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#2: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift
#1: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid

Overall Score: 49/75 = 65%

Songs That Spotify Recommended For Hits 1:
I Can’t Make You Love Me - Bonnie Raitt
Hope - The Chainsmokers/Winona Oak
Boy In The Bubble - Alec Benjamin
Rewrite The Stars - James Arthur/Anne-Marie
8 Letters - Why Don’t We
Lost In Japan - Shawn Mendes
Polaroid - Jonas Blue/Liam Payne/Lennon Stella
Rise - Jonas Blue/Jack & Jack
comethru - Jeremy Zucker
you should see me in a crown - Billie Eilish

3 comments:

  1. First and OMG Hope, LIJ, Polaroid, comethru, 8 Letters, Rise, and RTS are so fudging old and they were released last year or about two years ago so they will not debut get your facts straight Beluga please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you kidding me? These weren't picked by me, they were picked by Spotify which was the whole point.

      Delete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)