Sunday, January 8, 2023

Big Announcement!

    Hey all! Wow, it's been a while since I've been here. I hope you're all doing well, and I've missed checking in on you guys every week. However, I have an announcement to make, and I think it's one that you guys will be very excited about. In the coming months, I'm planning on hosting a HUGE 2022 Ultimate Pop Rate!! Basically, I'll post a form for you guys to rate every Weekend Countdown song and every Billboard Pop song in 2022. Then, over the course of a few weeks, I'll reveal the list! It's important to note that I won't be including every single song to reach either chart over the past year, only the ones that were the most successful in 2022 on either chart. So for example, I won't be including Shivers or Creepin', as Shivers performed better in 2021 on both charts, and I expect Creepin' to perform better in 2023 on both charts. However, I will be including songs like Heat Waves, as while it didn't chart at all on the Countdown in 2022, it was actually more successful in 2022 than in 2021 on the Billboard Pop Chart. Because of that, I won't be releasing the form right away, as I need to see how things shake up in the coming weeks (possibly even a month or two), to see if certain songs will be bigger in 2022 or 2023. I likely won't be participating in this myself, as I've really grown these past months to just appreciate music, rather than trying to form an opinion on it, so I'll be solely acting as your host.

    Now, to just talk about the state of this blog, as I know I kind of abandoned it without really letting you guys I was going to, and the reason for that is that I didn't know I was going to either. Life just really got busy, and I've almost completely run out of time for stuff like this. That's why I want to let you guys know that this will probably end up being the last year that I post here, as I really can't see myself having time for this at all in the future. But if it is my last year, I want to make it a memorable one instead of quietly drifting away, so I'm going to try my best to give you guys a different post every month. The posts will probably be quite different from what you're used to, and I have a few ideas bouncing around that I know you guys will like. But we'll kick it off with a top 10 songs of 2022 that I'll release this month (I'll also post what I had as my top 45 of 2021 in the comments of this one, as I promised you guys that post, and then never delivered).

    Q&A will be open in the comments below, so if you guys want to ask me about anything in particular, music-related or not, drop your questions down below, and I'll try to get back to you guys ASAP.

    Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

20 comments:

  1. My Top 45 Songs of 2021:
    #45: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
    #44: I GUESS I'M IN LOVE - Clinton Kane
    #43: Our Song - Anne-Marie/Niall Horan
    #42: One Day - Monsta X
    #41: My Universe - Coldplay/BTS
    #40: Friday (Re-Edit) - Riton/Nightcrawlers/Mufasa & Hypeman/Dopamine
    #39: Anyone - Justin Bieber
    #38: Shivers - Ed Sheeran
    #37: First Time - ILLENIUM/iann dior
    #36: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
    #35: Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish
    #34: JUST LIKE YOU - NF
    #33: @ my worst - blackbear
    #32: SO DONE - The Kid LAROI
    #31: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo
    #30: pov - Ariana Grande
    #29: Hold On - Justin Bieber
    #28: Hurricane - This Didn't Age Well/The Weeknd/Lil Baby
    #27: HOLIDAY - Lil Nas X
    #26: forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey
    #25: Good Without - Mimi Webb
    #24: Up - Cardi B
    #23: Love Again - Dua Lipa
    #22: positions - Ariana Grande
    #21: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max
    #20: i hope ur miserable until ur dead - Nessa Barrett
    #19: Take My Breath - The Weeknd
    #18: Rumors - Lizzo/Cardi B
    #17: The Outside - Twenty One Pilots
    #16: Save Your Tears (Remix) - The Weeknd/Ariana Grande
    #15: Ghost - Justin Bieber
    #14: Moth To A Flame - Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd
    #13: Love Story (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift
    #12: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
    #11: Lasting Lover - Sigala/James Arthur
    #10: Follow You - Imagine Dragons
    #9: Way Less Sad - AJR
    #8: Overdrive - Conan Gray
    #7: I DID IT - DJ Khaled/Post Malone/DaBaby/Megan Thee Stallion/Lil Baby
    #6: Saturday - Twenty One Pilots
    #5: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow
    #4: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
    #3: Shy Away - Twenty One Pilots
    #2: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber
    #1: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't agree with the #1 and a couple others, but solid list

      Delete
  2. Glad you're still here! Hope you could blog after next year, but it's okay. Life does get ahead of us sometimes, doesn't it.

    Anyways, welcome back (as of the moment)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Also, have you checked out my worst list yet, not to advertise, but it is really worth a read.

      Delete
    2. https://discord.gg/b8p9B9zmrg
      Here is the discord if you want it...

      Delete
    3. Also in the Discord is the information on the Hitbound dropouts rankdown. We are splitting it into three parts, with the first and second parts being 86 songs and the last one being the top 25 of both rankdown to find out the true LOP. To submit, you DM my good friend Daniel.

      Delete
    4. I dont have discord, how do i submit. Also, have the songs changed since i asked Zestpond?

      Delete
    5. Bubby I created a form for you since you dont have discord, but it's due Jan 14, and the song list is on the form https://forms.gle/KXBWUvcdUced4WM89

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! Well in short you sorta did/didn’t miss a lot if you’ve been following my blog. I cancelled Summer Madness indefinitely in mid-August due to the fact that schoolwork was gonna be challenging me a lot, and it actually turned out to be the right decision to cuz 3 weeks after I transferred schools I had a very minor stroke and was hospitalized for 3 days and then 2 weeks later it happened again and I decided to go on hiatus. After that I learned I had to have heart surgery 3 days before I turned 21, to fix a hole in my heart that caused the strokes. I got through that, but after I was super stressed and mentally messed up a bit, but I still blogged the countdown every weekend from November 5th-December 10th when I fell busy with stuff before the holidays, but now that it’s 2023 I’m back and better than ever. I did post a few things about what happened when it did, and you can read them on my blog cuz it was super scary for me. I’m glad to hear from you though and I will definitely do the pop rate.

    Sincerely.

    Trey 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I read a bit about what you were going through. Wishing you the best, man.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back Beluga! A lot has happened in 6 months. I have every weekend countdown since 2011 posted to my blog, and I even found around 100 countdowns from 2006 - 2010. You can check those out on my blog. I created a 2021 and 2022 Ultimate Rank of every song on Hits 1, similar to your 2019 and 2020 ones. I hosted a rankdown of all 175 (at the time) #1 songs on the weekend countdown. You can find my blog here: https://zestpond.blogspot.com/

    I'm really happy that you came back, but also very sad that this is probably your last year. I've been reading your blog for 3 years now, back when Adore You was #1 for way too long (although I never commented or participated in anything). When you announced your hiatus from blogging, you really inspired me to start blogging myself. I've been blogging for 8 months now, and I'm already past 27k pageviews, and I owe much of that success to you.

    One last thing...please join the Hits 1 Discord!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WELCOME BACK!!!

    Two things: First, I'm doing the countdown extras rankdown again this year if you want to participate, you have until January 20th to submit.

    Second, what is your opinion on Simply The Best by the Black Eyed Peas, Anitta, and El Alfa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. If I have the time, I might, but I also haven't listened to a lot of those songs more than once or twice, so I may not have the time. We'll see, though.
      2. Eh. Definitely not BEP's best, but far from their worst. It's less outright annoying, and just kinda there.

      Delete
  7. Welcome back! I think WSV is your favorite song on the countdown right now.

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)