Saturday, August 28, 2021

Week of August 28, 2021 - Ed Sheeran (4)

Heyo! How are you guys? This week's Countdown was... also quite odd. There were a few good things that happened, but our Hit-Bound is being very confusing right now. I'll get into that later. For now, here are our exits for this week.

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Demeanor - Pop Smoke/Dua Lipa (#20) [#20] {5 weeks}
Shy Away - Twenty One Pilots (#14) [#7] {19 weeks}
Iko Iko (My Bestie) - Justin Wellington/Small Jam (#13) [#13] {8 weeks}

Last Week's #1: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran (3)

#30: Love Tonight - Shouse (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#29: Summer of Love - Shawn Mendes/Tainy (DEBUT) [1 week in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#28: Wild Side - Normani/Cardi B (+2) [#28] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#27: everything sucks - vaultboy (+2) [#27] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#26: Essence - WizKid/Justin Bieber/Tems (-) [#26] {2 weeks}
#25: Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish (-) [#25] {2 weeks}
#24: New Normal - Khalid (+4) [#24] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#23: Beggin' - Måneskin (-) [#23] {3 weeks}
#22: @ my worst - blackbear (DEBUT) [3 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#21: People Watching - Conan Gray (+6) [#21] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#20: Rumors - Lizzo/Cardi B (+4) [#20] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#19: Fancy Like - Walker Hayes (-1) [#18] {3 weeks}
#18: Take My Breath - The Weeknd (+4) [#18] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#17: Memory - Kane Brown/blackbear (+4) [#15] {6 weeks}
#16: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow (-5) [#11] {4 weeks}
#15: 90s Kids - Jax (-3) [#12] {15 weeks}
#14: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd (+1) [#14] {9 weeks} *new peak*
#13: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo (-3) [1 week at #1] {20 weeks}
#12: Skate - Silk Sonic (+7) [#12] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#11: Arcade - Duncan Laurence (+5) [#10] {8 weeks}
#10: Don't Go Yet - Camila Cabello (+7) [#10] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#9: Saturday - Twenty One Pilots (-2) [#6] {6 weeks}
#8: A-O-K - Tai Verdes (+1) [#8] {12 weeks} *new peak*
#7: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo (-5) [9 weeks at #1] {14 weeks}
#6: You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae (+2) [#4] {19 weeks}
#5: Our Song - Anne-Marie/Niall Horan (-) [#3] {13 weeks}
#4: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber (-) [#4] {7 weeks}
#3: Love Again - Dua Lipa (+3) [#3] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#2: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers (+1) [#2] {14 weeks}
#1: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran (-) [4th week at #1] {9 weeks}

Last Year's #1: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan [2/6 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Change My Clothes - Dream/Alec Benjamin

*sighs* Did this first song really need to debut? At #30, we have Love Tonight by Shouse making its entry onto the Countdown. I definitely didn't expect this to make it onto the Countdown, and I can't say I'm too thrilled that it did. This song sucks. It sounds like it's supposed to be a club song, except it's really haunting and creepy (with a saxophone!). Every singer sounds solid here, but it's not nearly enough to save the song. Also, the radio edit is four minutes long. The original song is 8:13. This really shouldn't be on the radio, and I don't get why it is.

After just one week in Hit-Bound, Summer of Love by Shawn Mendes and Tainy debuts at #29 this week. If you're unfamiliar with who Tainy is, he's a producer from Puerto Rico, and he worked on I Can't Get Enough with benny blanco, Selena Gomez and J Balvin from last year, a song that missed Hits 1. Anyways, this song isn't great. The production's kinda minimalistic, which should be fine, except that Shawn Mendes doesn't sound too great with that type of production. Plus, he's kind of whisper-singing, which also doesn't work too well with his voice. Overall, this is a very forgettable song that I hope doesn't stick around for too long, because it's just taking up space at the moment.

blackbear scores yet another song on the Weekend Countdown this week with @ my worst. I love this song. For starters, blackbear sounds great, the whole song is very catchy, and the dark production's great. Then, on top of that, he tried something really unique melodically. The verses use minor chords, and the chorus uses major chords. It ends up with a really cool effect, where it just feels like the song blossoms into the chorus. I love this, because not many artists do stuff like this nowadays. I hope this manages to stick around, because it's a fantastic song.

Best Debut: @ my worst - blackbear

Biggest Drop: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow & good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo (-5): Honestly, I just find it amusing more than anything that INDUSTRY BABY got the biggest drop after getting the biggest jump last week. As for good 4 u, I'm alright with it dropping, because it had a pretty good run here.

Biggest Jump: Skate - Silk Sonic & Don't Go Yet - Camila Cabello (+7): Glad to see both of these songs jump into the top 15, because they're both quite good.

Countdown Ranking

0 - Awful:
#30: Fancy Like - Walker Hayes
#29: Love Tonight - Shouse

1 - Bad:
#28: A-O-K - Tai Verdes

2 - Mediocre:
#27: Wild Side - Normani/Cardi B
#26: You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae
#25: Summer of Love - Shawn Mendes/Tainy

3 - Decent:
#24: Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish
#23: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd
#22: People Watching - Conan Gray

4 - Good:
#21: Essence - WizKid/Justin Bieber/Tems
#20: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers
#19: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo
#18: Don't Go Yet - Camila Cabello
#17: everything sucks - vaultboy
#16: Arcade - Duncan Laurence
#15: 90s Kids - Jax
#14: Beggin' - Måneskin
#13: Memory - Kane Brown/blackbear

5 - Great:
#12: New Normal - Khalid
#11: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow
#10: Our Song - Anne-Marie/Niall Horan
#9: Skate - Silk Sonic
#8: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran
#7: Take My Breath - The Weeknd
#6: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo
#5: Rumors - Lizzo/Cardi B
#4: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber
#3: Love Again - Dua Lipa
#2: @ my worst - blackbear
#1: Saturday - Twenty One Pilots

Overall Score: 112/150 = 75%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Our Song - Anne-Marie/Niall Horan {13 weeks}
#4: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo & Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers {14 weeks}
#3: 90s Kids - Jax {15 weeks}
#2: You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae {19 weeks}
#1: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo {20 weeks}

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: 3 O'Clock Things - AJR

My Favourite Song Last Year: Bang! - AJR

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Heather - Conan Gray

Most Missed Countdown Song: SICKO MODE - Travis Scott

Hit-Bound
HIT IT - Black Eyed Peas/Saweetie/Lele Pons [2]
I am not a woman, I'm a god - Halsey [1]
Drive You Home - Jackson Wang/Internet Money [2]
Ghost - Justin Bieber [1]
Cold Heart (Remix) - Elton John/Dua Lipa/PNAU [3]
Reckless - Madison Beer [3]
Visiting Hours - Ed Sheeran [2]
Change My Clothes - Dream/Alec Benjamin [2]
I GUESS I'M IN LOVE - Clinton Kane [2]
Lilith - Halsey [1]
Say So - Masked Wolf [3; 2nd time]
seaside_demo - SEB [7]
t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l - WILLOW/Travis Barker [9]

So for whatever reason, both Love Tonight and Essence pulled a Sunday Best this week (playing in both Hit-Bound and the Weekend Countdown). This really didn't need to happen. Literally two songs dropped out of Hit-Bound this week that they easily could've put in instead of these two.

So, Halsey released her/their new album, If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power yesterday, and Mikey Piff decided to add two songs from that album onto Hit-Bound this week, the first one being the actual single, I am not a woman, I'm a god. This is a good song. The chorus is actually quite catchy, and the production evolves nicely. On top of that, Halsey sounds great here. Yeah, not much else to say about this song, it's just solid, and I'll review it again if it debuts the Countdown.

Our next two debuts this week aren't actually singles, with the first one being from Justin Bieber's newest album, Justice. This song's called Ghost, and wow. This song's amazing. For one thing, Justin Bieber gives us one of the best vocal performances I've ever heard from him. The song's at a great tempo to keep it interesting while still keeping that ballad feel. Plus, the production's pretty interesting, and keeps me interested in the song. Overall, this is a fantastic song, and I hope that it's given a shot here.

For our last debut, we have a non-single from Halsey's new album, this song being called Lilith. This song's a little less interesting than I am not a woman, I'm a god, but it's still decent. Halsey sounds good here, and the production, while not too interesting, is interesting enough. Not much else to say about this one, I'll review it in more depth if it debuts the Countdown.

Our two Hit-Bound dropouts this week are Need To Know and i hope ur miserable until ur dead. For Need To Know, I just find it funny more than anything that it only lasted one more week. As for i hope ur miserable, that song was fantastic and it deserved to debut.

Best Debut: Ghost - Justin Bieber

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Awful:
#13: Cold Heart (Remix) - Elton John/Dua Lipa/PNAU

1 - Bad:
#12: HIT IT - Black Eyed Peas/Saweetie/Lele Pons
#11: t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l - WILLOW/Travis Barker

2 - Mediocre:
NONE!

3 - Decent:
#10: Reckless - Madison Beer
#9: Drive You Home - Jackson Wang/Internet Money
#8: Lilith - Halsey
#7: Change My Clothes - Dream/Alec Benjamin
#6: seaside_demo - SEB

4 - Good:
#5: I am not a woman, I'm a god - Halsey

5 - Great:
#4: Visiting Hours - Ed Sheeran
#3: Say So - Masked Wolf
#2: I GUESS I'M IN LOVE - Clinton Kane
#1: Ghost - Justin Bieber

Overall Score: 41/65 = 63%

All I Need Are Your Bluuuuuuurbs Tonight

We lost three songs this week, Demeanor, Shy Away and Iko Iko. Demeanor was great and deserved more, Shy Away did well here, so I'm not too sad and Iko Iko was extremely forgettable.

People Watching is finally jumping, as it made its way up to #21 this week.

Hopefully with the four-spot boost that Rumors got it means that it'll be a big hit.

Why is Saturday dropping? This is ridiculous.

And finally, Love Again's up to #3, which is awesome. I'd love to see it hit #1 here.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber
#2: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran
#3: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo
#4: Rumors - Lizzo/Cardi B
#5: Kiss Me More - Doja Cat/SZA
#6: Levitating - Dua Lipa
#7: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow
#8: Butter - BTS
#9: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo
#10: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X
#11: Save Your Tears (Remix) - The Weeknd/Ariana Grande
#12: Fancy Like - Walker Hayes
#13: Take My Breath - The Weeknd
#14: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon
#15: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#16: Essence - WizKid/Justin Bieber/Tems
#17: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd
#18: Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish
#19: Heartbreak Anniversary - Giveon
#20: Need To Know - Doja Cat
#21: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#23: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers
#26: Late At Night - Roddy Ricch
#27: Thot S*** - Megan Thee Stallion
#28: RAPSTAR - Polo G
#29: traitor - Olivia Rodrigo
#31: Skate - Silk Sonic
#32: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#34: Heat Waves - Glass Animals
#36: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#38: Arcade - Duncan Laurence
#39: Lil Bit - Nelly/Florida Georgia Line
#41: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#42: Beggin' - Måneskin
#53: Motley Crew - Post Malone
#55: A-O-K - Tai Verdes
#57: Wild Side - Normani/Cardi B
#58: Love Again - Dua Lipa
#61: You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae
#62: Memory - Kane Brown/blackbear
#64: Don't Go Yet - Camila Cabello
#66: Permission to Dance - BTS
#81: Cold Heart (Remix) - Elton John/Dua Lipa/PNAU

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Jalebi Baby - Tesher/Jason Derulo
#9: People Watching - Conan Gray
#8: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X
#7: Essence - WizKid/Justin Bieber/Tems
#6: PMA - All Time Low/Pale Waves
#5: Lifestyle - Jason Derulo/Adam Levine
#4: Saturday - Twenty One Pilots
#3: Don't Go Yet - Camila Cabello
#2: In The Morning - Jennifer Lopez
#1: positions - Ariana Grande

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: Love Again - Dua Lipa
#9: You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae
#8: Take My Breath - The Weeknd
#7: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd
#6: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers
#5: Arcade - Duncan Laurence
#4: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber
#3: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran
#2: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo
#1: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

33 comments:

  1. Hitbound entrants:
    You for me
    Sheesh
    Let them know
    All i know so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    23: Psycho
    21: I Like That
    21: Sweet Dream
    21: Heartbreak Anniversary
    20: t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l
    18: I GUESS I'M IN LOVE
    15: traitor
    11: Cold Heart
    3: I am not a woman, I'm a god

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    24: t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l
    21: I GUESS I'M IN LOVE
    21: Psycho
    21: Heartbreak Anniversary
    19: I Like That
    19: Sweet Dream
    17: traitor
    13: Cold Heart
    10: I am not a woman, I'm a god

    ReplyDelete
  4. Report: Kanye West’s “Donda” was out yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    27: t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l
    24: I GUESS I'M IN LOVE
    22: Psycho
    21: I Like That
    21: Heartbreak Anniversary
    19: Sweet Dream
    18: traitor
    15: I am not a woman, I'm a god
    15: Cold Heart
    1: HIT IT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    26: I am not a woman, I'm a god
    26: traitor
    24: t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l
    24: Heartbreak Anniversary
    21: I GUESS I'M IN LOVE
    21: I Like That
    21: Psycho
    19: Sweet Dream
    12: Cold Heart
    5: HIT IT
    1: Need To Know

    ReplyDelete
  7. Top 10 Added Songs on Pop Radio This Week:
    #1: I am not a woman, I'm a god - Halsey (137 adds)
    #2: Need To Know - Doja Cat (41 adds)
    #3: Summer of Love - Shawn Mendes/Tainy (28 adds)
    #3: Fancy Like - Walker Hayes (28 adds)
    #5: HIT IT - Black Eyed Peas/Saweetie/Lele Pons (20 adds)
    #6: Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish (19 adds)
    #6: Beggin' - Måneskin (19 adds)
    #8: Essence - WizKid/Justin Bieber/Tems (17 adds)
    #9: Saturday - Twenty One Pilots (12 adds)
    #10: seaside_demo - SEB (10 adds)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurricane is number one in several countries on Apple Music

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    37: I am not a woman, I'm a god
    32: traitor
    23: Heartbreak Anniversary
    22: I Like That
    22: Psycho
    21: t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l
    19: Sweet Dream
    17: I GUESS I'M IN LOVE
    11: Cold Heart
    9: HIT IT
    2: Need To Know

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    49: I am not a woman, I'm a god
    38: traitor
    25: I Like That
    22: Psycho
    22: Heartbreak Anniversary
    18: t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l
    15: Sweet Dream
    14: I GUESS I'M IN LOVE
    12: HIT IT
    11: Cold Heart
    2: Need To Know

    ReplyDelete
  11. New on Hits 1
    that way - Tate McRae and Jeremy Zucker
    Drake and JAY-Z
    Drake and Travis Scott (forgot the names lol)
    Bunch of Halsey (because of new album or new radio)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey guys! I'll be away this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY THEY ADDED ONE OF MY RECOMMENDATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waffle thinks SHEESH! will be horrible I think
    Also Beluga will think its decent
    Traitor is great
    Same with hit it

    ReplyDelete
  15. asat is actually pretty weird, its actually decent imo

    ReplyDelete
  16. gwg: nothing really sticks out to me about this song, its also boring. mediocre all around

    ReplyDelete
  17. WHY IS RUMORS AT #26 WHILE BEING THE 3RD MOST PLAYED OR SOMETHING AND BEING A HIT AND HOW IS A SONG LIKE I DUNNO PEOPLE WATCHING ABOVE IT?!?!?!?! DO BETTER HOTS ONE (saying this the week need to know debuts-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. justified: one of the few country songs i actually love. like the production. great song

    ReplyDelete
  19. sweet dream reentered, LETS GOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  20. where are pw, lbylm, beggin and dv?

    ReplyDelete
  21. https://16bitplayer.blogspot.com/2021/09/sxmh1-ed-sheeran-5-week-of-september.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Finish the lyric:
    1. sunset on the
    2. i wanna feel all the
    3. all i need is your
    4. so light it up up
    5. i spent all of the love i saved

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)