Sunday, July 14, 2019

Week of July 13, 2019 Shawn Mendes (3)

Shawn Mendes (3)
No intro written originally here either, so yeepateeyeetyeet and happy birthday.

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
when the party's over - Billie Eilish (#45) [#40]
Wow. - Post Malone (#41) [#22]
So Close - NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts (#37) [#20]
bury a friend - Billie Eilish (#34) [#24]
Thinkin Bout You - Ciara (#27) [#14]

Last Week's #1: If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes (2)

#45: 7 rings - Ariana Grande (-1) [#4]
#44: Chlorine - Twenty One Pilots (-1) [#11]
#43: i'm so tired... - Lauv/Troye Sivan (-1) [#12]
#42: Happier - Marshmello/Bastille (-2) [2 weeks at #1]
#41: Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani (-16) [#7]
#40: mama's house - push baby (-2) [#38]
#39: Close To Me - Ellie Goulding/Diplo (-) [#7]
#38: Hustle - P!nk (DEBUT) [10 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#37: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini (-4) [7 weeks at #1]
#36: Make You Mine - PUBLIC (DEBUT) [5 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#35: break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored - Ariana Grande (-4) [#11]
#34: High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco (+1) [8 weeks at #1]
#33: Let Me Down Slowly - Alec Benjamin (-5) [#4]
#32: The Git Up - Blanco Brown (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#31: Bad Liar - Imagine Dragons (-13) [#6]
#30: Summer Days - Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump (-7) [#23]
#29: Walk Me Home - P!nk (-) [#3]
#28: With You - Kaskade/Meghan Trainor (-7) [#21]
#27: Speechless - Dan + Shay (-1) [#9]
#26: Dancing's Not a Crime - Panic! At The Disco (-2) [#16]
#25: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (DEBUT) [5 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#24: Don't Give Up On Me - Andy Grammer (+8) [#24] *new peak*
#23: Paradise - Bazzi (+13) [#23] *new peak*
#22: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift (-5) [#17]
#21: Love Me Less - MAX/Quinn XCII (+9) [#19]
#20: So Am I - Ava Max (-1) [#19]
#19: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (+1) [#15]
#18: bad guy - Billie Eilish (+4) [#13]
#17: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus (-7) [#10]
#16: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin (-) [#16]
#15: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie (-9) [#2]
#14: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (-) [#11]
#13: Sweet but Psycho - Ava Max (-5) [#2]
#12: Without Me - Halsey (-) [5 weeks at #1]
#11: Cool - Jonas Brothers (+2) [#11]
#10: Never Really Over - Katy Perry (+5) [#10] *new peak*
#9: Here With Me - Marshmello/CHVRCHES (-2) [#5]
#8: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello (DEBUT) [3 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#7: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco (+2) [3 weeks at #1]
#6: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure (+1) [#6] *new peak*
#5: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber (-) [#5]
#4: Nightmare - Halsey (-2) [#2]
#3: Sucker - Jonas Brothers (+1) [13 weeks at #1]
#2: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (+1) [#2]
#1: If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes (-) [3rd week at #1]

Last Year's #1: In My Blood - Shawn Mendes [1/2 weeks at #1]

We got 5 new songs this week. Kicking it off with a Hit-Bound veteran, Hustle by P!nk. This song is okay. It’s nowhere near as good as Walk Me Home, but it’s not bad. I doubt it’s gonna do well here, though, since it’s not a hit anywhere else.

At #36, we have a song from 2015, Make You Mine by PUBLIC. Not sure why this is here, since it’s 4 years old, but 2015 was a decent year for music, so that’s okay. And, like the rest of its year, this song is pretty good. I like the chorus and I just find it really catchy.

Next up, we have The Git Up by Blanco Brown. I don’t get why Hits 1 is picking up country/trap meme songs like Old Town Road, but I like them, so I’ll take it. I have a feeling that this will be the next big hit and for good reason too. The song is really catchy, Blanco’s voice is pretty good and there’s a dance trend thing happening, like In My Feelings, so I feel like this will be big and I’d like to see it do well here.

Our only bad debut this week comes from Lizzo with Truth Hurts. This song just really doesn’t work for me. Lizzo’s voice sucks, I don’t like the hook and I just don’t really see how this is a hit. That being said, I can kind of see the appeal, but this just really isn’t for me.

Señorita by Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello comes in with the second-highest debut ever, beating out Cool by the Jonas Brothers at #8. I like this song a lot. Shawn and Camila have great chemistry and the song is catchy, fun and I love the vibe. However, I don’t think this is as good as I Know What You Did Last Summer for one reason. Their voices blend too much in this song. I like how they were given their own times to stand out in IKWYDLS, and I just don’t feel that here. Oh, well. It’s still really good.

Best Debut: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello

Biggest DROP!!!: Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani (-16): I’m glad to see this in the bottom 5. I liked this song at first, but it kind of faded. I hope to see it on its way out very very soon.

Biggest Jump: Paradise - Bazzi (+13): Um. Okay. This was kind of unexpected, but I guess Paradise gets the biggest jump two weeks in a row, and is now within grasp of the top 20. I like the song, but it’s not actually that interesting.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: The Git Up - Blanco Brown
#4: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#3: Happier - Marshmello/Bastille
#2: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#1: Don't Give Up On Me - Andy Grammer

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: So Am I - Ava Max
#4: 7 rings - Ariana Grande
#3: Nightmare - Halsey
#2: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#1: bad guy - Billie Eilish

Top 20 Ranking
#20: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#19: Nightmare - Halsey
#18: So Am I - Ava Max
#17: Sweet but Psycho - Ava Max
#16: Without Me - Halsey
#15: Cool - Jonas Brothers
#14: Never Really Over - Katy Perry
#13: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#12: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#11: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco
#10: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin
#9: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer
#8: If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes
#7: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure
#6: Here With Me - Marshmello/CHVRCHES
#5: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer
#4: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie
#3: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#2: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#1: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Without Me - Halsey
#4: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini
#3: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco
#2: Happier - Marshmello/Bastille
#1: High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco

Hit-Bound
Mother's Daughter - Miley Cyrus [6]
Look Away - Stephen Puth [1]
3 Nights - Dominic Fike [1]
Cross Me - Ed Sheeran/Chance the Rapper/PnB Rock [7]
Trampoline - SHAED [3]
Only Human - Jonas Brothers [1]
Hate Me - Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD [1]
100 Bad Days - AJR [6]
Find U Again - Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello [6]
Goodbyes - Post Malone/Young Thug [1]
One Thought Away - Asher Angel [6]
Look What God Gave Her - Thomas Rhett [1]
Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha [7]
Rescue Me - OneRepublic [6]
Crazy AF - In Real Life [8]

Stephen Puth is back with Look Away. See, the thing I liked about Sexual Vibe was that his voice went really low and it sounded really good. He doesn’t do that here, but it’s okay because his voice is still decent. I don’t really like how his voice is layered in the chorus, and the song is kind of forgettable, but it’s still pretty good.

This next song has been a song for a while, and it was always just pretty good. It’s 3 Nights by Dominic Fike. I feel like this song isn’t gonna debut, and be like Don’t Call Me Up where they just put it on Hit-Bound to please some people. The song is pretty good regardless, and I enjoy it.

This next song is the Jonas Brothers’ third single from Happiness Begins, Only Human. This is probably the best of the three. The chorus is very catchy and it’s one of the best from the album. I’m confident this will do well here because of the success of Sucker.

Fourth, we have more Ellie Goulding with Hate Me featuring the amazing Juice WRLD. I really like Juice WRLD and I think he’s really talented. Ellie Goulding and Juice WRLD sound great together and this song is just really good. What I hope this song does is make Hits 1 pick up more of Juice WRLD’s music because I like him a lot.

It’s true. The Post Malone streak has ended, but Hits 1 has not stopped playing his music because Goodbyes with Young Thug debuted Hit-Bound this week. I don’t really like rap, bust Post Malone is different because he can actually sing. This song is okay. I feel this because Young Thug brings the song down a lot.

Finally, we have a not-really-country country song. Look What God Gave Her by Thomas Rhett. I really like the beat on this song and I didn’t think I would like it, but it surprised me. It gets better throughout the song with his voice getting less and less country. I just like it and I would enjoy to see it debut.

Best Debut: Hate Me - Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD

Hit-Bound Ranking
#15: One Thought Away - Asher Angel
#14: Crazy AF - In Real Life
#13: Mother's Daughter - Miley Cyrus
#12: Look Away - Stephen Puth
#11: Goodbyes - Post Malone/Young Thug
#10: Find U Again - Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello
#9: 3 Nights - Dominic Fike
#8: Look What God Gave Her - Thomas Rhett
#7: Cross Me - Ed Sheeran/Chance the Rapper/PnB Rock
#6: Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha
#5: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#4: Rescue Me - OneRepublic
#3: 100 Bad Days - AJR
#2: Hate Me - Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD
#1: Trampoline - SHAED

Truth Blurbs

We lost a Hit-Bound song this week. Carry On by Kygo and Rita Ora. I never really liked this song, so I’m glad to see it go. It’s just super boring.

We lost 5 songs this week. when the party's over, Wow., So Close, bury a friend and Thinkin Bout You. Wow. was okay. For Post Malone standards. So Close was pretty good, but forgettable. Thinkin Bout You was boring and Billie Eilish. Thank goodness they’re gone.

mama’s house dropped down on its second week. Yeah, I won’t be surprised if it leaves next week.

Summer Days for some reason dropped a lot this week. I like it and I hope it does a bit better.

Don’t Give Up On Me is finally getting the success it deserves, hitting a peak at #24. I would love to see this hit top 20.

For some reason You Need To Calm Down dropped out of the top 20. I like this song a lot and I feel like it’s underrated.

It’s sad to see ME! dropping after not hitting #1 because of Sucker. I really wish it made it, but unfortunately it just wasn’t the song.

And Who Do You Love is back up to #2. I know this is asking a lot, but I want it to hit #1 for one week, and then start falling. I feel like it has a shot at that with Señorita coming in.

YouTube 15
You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift [2]
On My Way - Alan Walker/Sabrina Carpenter/Farruko [14]
Outnumbered - Dermot Kennedy [1]
Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus [14]
MEGATRON - Nicki Minaj [3]
bad guy - Billie Eilish [8]
Got Me Singing - Jaafar Jackson [1]
Nightmare - Halsey [4]
It's You - Ali Gatie [4]
Wow. - Post Malone [12]
Buy My Own Drinks - Runaway June [1]
Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani [19]
Runaway - Sebastian Yatra/Jonas Brothers/Daddy Yankee/Natti Natasha [3]
Talk - Khalid/Disclosure [10]
BLOW - Ed Sheeran/Chris Stapleton/Bruno Mars [1]

No Longer Trending
Hurt Me - Meghan Trainor [1]
Hate Me - Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD [1]
Falling For Boys - Julia Michaels [1]
I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber [8]
ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie [10]
Come To Brazil - Why Don't We [1]

YouTube 15 Ranking
#15: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#14: Nightmare - Halsey
#13: MEGATRON - Nicki Minaj
#12: Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani
#11: Buy My Own Drinks - Runaway June
#10: It's You - Ali Gatie
#9: Got Me Singing - Jaafar Jackson
#8: BLOW - Ed Sheeran/Chris Stapleton/Bruno Mars
#7: Runaway - Sebastian Yatra/Jonas Brothers/Daddy Yankee/Natti Natasha
#6: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure
#5: Wow. - Post Malone
#4: Outnumbered - Dermot Kennedy
#3: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#2: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift
#1: On My Way - Alan Walker/Sabrina Carpenter/Farruko

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)